It's the Rose Blossom Blog Hop Ya'll!!

Hey Friends!  Welcome to the Rose Blossom Seasonal Expressions 1 Blog Hop!  

It's a fresh, new year and with that comes a fresh Seasonal Expressions!!  You are going to love this one.  I mean it is AMAZING :))  I am representing the lovely Chelsea Gardens product line and, I have to tell you, it is to die for.  Just take a look at these two cards I made . . . 

The cool colors and tranquil patterns could not flow any better friends.  The colors in this product line are charcoal, fern, glacier, heather, juniper, mink, sweet leaf, and white daisy.  In these cards I used the following supplies:
     *  Chelsea Gardens Paper Packet
     *  Chelsea Gardens Coordinating Cardstock
     *  Chelsea Gardens Dots & Gems
     *  Whisper Thick Twine
     *  Teal Shimmer Trim
     *  Chelsea Gardens Cardmaking Stamp + Thin Cuts
     *  Watercolor pencils
     *  Gold Shimmer Brush

I love that I can use this stamp and thin cut set OVER and OVER again this spring.  I envision myself cutting and stamping circles around myself with these beautiful butterflies and flowers!

Another thing I love . . . using my watercolor pencils to personally decorate these adorable stamped thin cuts.  Then I just use my gold shimmer brush to blend and add plenty of sparkle.  I am so taken with my shimmer brush that I just ordered the Bashful and Clear one as well!  You just cannot have too many shimmer brushes friends. :)

I want to point out a technique I used called paper piecing.  Take a look at the grey butterflies.  Their wings are actually made with a patterned paper.  Here are the steps to paper piecing your butterflies (or anything else for that matter). 
1. I thin cut the butterfly in white daisy and the grey Chelsea Gardens patterned paper. 
2. I stamped them both.  
3. I cut the wing pieces out of the grey stamped image, just the wings.  
4. I adhered them to the top of the white stamped butterfly with liquid glass.  
Then I did add gold shimmer with my shimmer brush because obviously everything is better with a little shimmer!
  
Here's a picture of a couple other butterflies I made this way using the ombre patterned paper from Chelsea Gardens. 

This is a super easy technique that will make your thin cuts look sharp and pop!

Here's a closer look at the two cards and their dimension. . . 




Don't forget ladies, you can get all your Chelsea Gardens supplies at my website.

I'm currently working my tail off to complete a Chelsea Gardens pre-cut kit that will be posted for sale soon.  Don't forget to enter your email up in the top left of this screen so you can be notified of Close to My Heart news and updates on available kits.

Have a blessed day ya'll and enjoy the next hop over to Diana's!

XOXO
Shauna












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Here! It's Here!

Smitten Cardmaking Kit

Aurora Cardmaking Kit